PUBLIC WORKS AFIGRID
Civil engineering structures built on soil with low bearing capacity, clay soil with a high water content or organic soil can be exposed to compaction when subjected to a load.
AFIGRID® geogrids are used to reinforce the base course of roads and railways, as well as embankment slopes and retaining walls to improve bearing capacity. Because of its functions, it can be used to reduce the thickness of the backfill material, build mattresses which will be installed on soft soil, as well as to increase the soil’s load bearing capacity while cutting construction costs.
The geogrid apertures facilitate overall assembly, thereby enabling effective reinforcement and solid containment.
The AFIGRID® geogrid can be thermally bonded to a non-woven geotextile for filtration purposes, thereby operating in synergy with the soil to enable the flow of liquid.
- Geogrid resistant to chemicals from soil, mould and insects
- High tensile strength structure
- Easy to install
- Limited use of granular materials
- Polypropylene geotextile and geogrid
- Roll width : 3.95 m
- Roll length : 50, 75 or 100 m
- Tensile strength : de 15kN/m à 40kN/m
- Aperture size : 25 mm to 66 mm