PUBLIC WORKS SOMTUBE FTF
Water ingress in soil can damage the structures and jeopardise its durability. This is why it is important to use an appropriate and effective drainage solution. The installation of a drainage system in the road foundation meets several objectives:
- Control of the pore pressure in the foundation
- Drawdown of the water table in cuttings area
- Protection of the embankment against groundwater
- Evacuation of the water from consolidation on compressible soils
The SOMTUBE® FTF drainage geocomposite combines the two functions: filtration and drainage in a single product and a single installation. It replaces the drainage layer made of granular material, and the filtration geotextiles. It can also be used in flood-proof areas and compressible areas in addition to vertical drains.
SOMTUBE® FTF has a high and stable over time drainage capacity, even under heavy loads. This allows it to be used under high embankments.
- Efficient drainage and filtration of the infrastructure even under heavy loads
- Use in cuttings and compressible areas in addition to vertical drains
- Reduction of the social footprint (less truck traffic)
- Reduction of the construction time
- Easy installation with a single product to unroll
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution as it replaces granular layers
- Polypropylene geocomposite
- Roll width : 3.90 m
- Roll length : 50 m
- 3 diameters of perforated mini-drains : 16 mm, 20 mm and 25 mm
- 4 possible distances between mini-drains : 200 cm, 100 cm, 50 cm and 25 cm
FIND OUT MORE...
Projects completed with SOMTUBE FTF
Drainage and reinforcement on soft soil
Condé-Pommeroel Canal - Belgium - 110 000 m2
The enhancement of the canal's performances implicated the construction of deposits for the storage of non-aggressive sediments. To make the soils suitable, the solution used was a combination of drainage (SOMTUBE® FTF) and reinforcement (NOTEX® GX).
Stabilisation and drainage of eroded slopes
Mombasa airport - Kenya
To stabilise slopes and drain water in a context of torrential rain, the solution implemented was a combination of the SOMTUBE® FTF geocomposite with an earth retention system, ALVEOTER®.
Drainage in road structure
RN6 - Zinguichor - Tanaff (Senegal)
188 000 m2
The rehabilitation of the RN6 national road, linking Zinguichor to Tanaff (116 km), is affected by rising groundwater from the Casamance river. The SOMTUBE® FTF geocomposite solution was implemented to effectively drain water from the soil.
Pre-consolidation platform for the creation of a road
RD22 - La Chapelle d’Armentières (59)
15 000 m2
During the construction of the RD22 road, soil was identified as compressible. To consolidate the ground, a solution combining vertical drains at a depth of 22 m with the SOMTUBE FTF draining geocomposite was selected.